From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.1.0 crashes when creating database
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2011 20:39:38 GMT
Looks like your ICU driver is busted. I've never seen this reported
before so I'm guessing its probably related to your specific
configuration. I'd check to make sure that the driver library exists
and that it looks valid.

On Wed, Sep 14, 2011 at 8:17 PM, Leonhardt Wille <wille@codename-emma.de> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I can't get CouchDB 1.1.0 to work, even creating a new database doesn't work.
> I built CouchDB from the official 1.1.0 source on Debian Squeeze and installed with ./configure
prefix= (to make a system-wide installation). CouchDB 1.0.3 (installed in a different prefix)
is working fine.

> [...]
>> checking for style of include used by make... GNU
>> checking for gcc... gcc
>> checking whether the C compiler works... yes
>> checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
>> checking for suffix of executables...
>> checking whether we are cross compiling... no
>> checking for suffix of object files... o
>> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
>> checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
>> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
>> checking dependency style of gcc... gcc3
>> checking how to run the C preprocessor... gcc -E
>> checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /bin/grep
>> checking for egrep... /bin/grep -E
>> checking for ANSI C header files... yes
>> checking for sys/types.h... yes
>> checking for sys/stat.h... yes
>> checking for stdlib.h... yes
>> checking for string.h... yes
>> checking for memory.h... yes
>> checking for strings.h... yes
>> checking for inttypes.h... yes
>> checking for stdint.h... yes
>> checking for unistd.h... yes
>> checking minix/config.h usability... no
>> checking minix/config.h presence... no
>> checking for minix/config.h... no
>> checking whether it is safe to define __EXTENSIONS__... yes
>> checking for gcc... (cached) gcc
>> checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... (cached) yes
>> checking whether gcc accepts -g... (cached) yes
>> checking for gcc option to accept ISO C89... (cached) none needed
>> checking dependency style of gcc... (cached) gcc3
>> checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
>> checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /bin/sed
>> checking for fgrep... /bin/grep -F
>> checking for ld used by gcc... /usr/bin/ld
>> checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
>> checking for BSD- or MS-compatible name lister (nm)... /usr/bin/nm -B
>> checking the name lister (/usr/bin/nm -B) interface... BSD nm
>> checking whether ln -s works... yes
>> checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 1572864
>> checking whether the shell understands some XSI constructs... yes
>> checking whether the shell understands "+="... yes
>> checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
>> checking for objdump... objdump
>> checking how to recognize dependent libraries... pass_all
>> checking for ar... ar
>> checking for strip... strip
>> checking for ranlib... ranlib
>> checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
>> checking for dlfcn.h... yes
>> checking for objdir... .libs
>> checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
>> checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC -DPIC
>> checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC -DPIC works... yes
>> checking if gcc static flag -static works... yes
>> checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
>> checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... (cached) yes
>> checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld -m elf_x86_64) supports shared libraries...
yes
>> checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
>> checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
>> checking how to hardcode library paths into programs... immediate
>> checking whether stripping libraries is possible... yes
>> checking if libtool supports shared libraries... yes
>> checking whether to build shared libraries... yes
>> checking whether to build static libraries... no
>> checking whether ln -s works... yes
>> checking for pthread_create in -lpthread... yes
>> checking for JS_NewContext in -lmozjs... yes
>> checking jsapi.h usability... yes
>> checking jsapi.h presence... yes
>> checking for jsapi.h... yes
>> checking for icu-config... /usr/bin/icu-config
>> checking for ICU >= 3.4.1... yes
>> checking ICU_CFLAGS... -g -Wall -O2 -Wall -ansi -pedantic -Wshadow -Wpointer-arith
-Wmissing-prototypes -Wwrite-strings -Wno-long-long