From bryan rasmussen <rasmussen.br...@gmail.com>
Subject pagination questions
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 14:34:25 GMT
Hi,

I've been looking at
http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/recipes.html#pagination and is working
pretty straightforward for going forward, in discussing how one goes
to the previous page it says:

"Populating the link to the previous page is as simple as carrying the
current startkey over to the next page. If there’s no previous
startkey, we are on the first page."

I don't see how that works if I go forward ten times and back six for
example, unless I save the startkey for each step?

To be more specific, by the way outlined if I am on page 8 and go to
page 9 by clicking my NEXT button I know what  my page 8 startkey is
and I know what my page 9 startkey is, If I am on page 9 and I go to
page 10 by clicking the next I know what my page 9 startkey is and my
page 10 startkey. Now I click previous on page 10, I go to page 9
because I know what page 9s startkey is - but when I click previous on
page 9 I don't know what page 8s startkey is so I go to the first page
- is there a way around that other than saving all my startkeys? It is
not that big a problem for me saving all my startkeys, given that my
application is ajax based I can just save it as an array.

Thanks,
Bryan Rasmussen