From Nicholas Orr <nicholas....@zxgen.net>
Subject Re: Writing a Bulletin Board
Date Sun, 11 Sep 2011 12:09:43 GMT
one first post (thus thread creation) you could create a thread and post
doc, on the post doc store the thread_id.

then a view could be by thread_id & post_create_date. The 1st post would be
the author, or you could put that info in the thread doc.

now you can find all posts belonging to a thread and like wise find all
threads, even put threads in categories...

thread: {_id:"thread1", categories: ["cat_id_1", "cat_id_2"], title: "My
Thread"}
post: {_id:"post1", created_at:"2011-01-01 12:34:09T1000", title: "My Post",
body:"a interesting message", thread: "thread1", author:"person_id"}

pretty much start coding and see what happens :)

Nicholas Orr