From Neelesh Bafna <nba...@syntactice.com>
Subject Facing conceptual problem querying view
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2011 05:18:40 GMT
hi,

newbie here working on couchDB ...small query...d present problem i face is
with viewing the query using cradle...

my map function is 'search' in design document '_design/users' & it
emits 'emit(doc.username,
null);'

when querying view: db.view('users/search',{key:username},function (err,
res){}

As per my understanding the 'res' must only contain data which matches
key==username ..right??but here 'res' contains the whole data emitted by the
map function.

can you please help me in right direction?i dont understand the way 'key' is
being used and reflected.

Plz help, thanks in advance.

--
Regards