From Robert Newson <rnew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Data corruption problem with attachments
Date Wed, 07 Sep 2011 14:57:10 GMT
If you supply a Content-MD5 header in your request we will verify it
(and reject a mismatch) just like Amazon S3 does. That doesn't imply
that couchdb routinely corrupts attachments (it doesn't).

Can you paste a full request/response where you regard the result as
truncated or corrupted? What client software are you using? Can you
reproduce this with curl?

B.

On 7 September 2011 14:53, Tillmann Seidel <tseidel@eclipsesource.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with data corruption on CouchDB. I'm creating documents with attachments
using PUT requests in CouchDB 1.0.2 . Once in a while it happens that a stored document is
corrupt, i.e. an attachment is truncated or has no data at all.  CouchDB does not return
an error though when the document is created.

> The description of COUCHDB-558 makes me think that this is a problem that's not unheard
of:

> "We could detect in-flight data corruption if a client sends a Content-MD5 header along
with the data and Couch validates the MD5 on arrival."

> Now my question is: what might cause such an in-flight data corruption? And what could
I do to prevent it? Or if I cannot prevent it, can I at least make CouchDB detect it during
creation?