From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject CouchDB 1.1 issue
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 13:28:54 GMT
Ran into this twice so far in production CouchDB in the last two days.
We are running CouchDB 1.1 on an EC2 AMI with multi-master replication
across two regions. I notice that every now and then CouchDB will
simply suck up 100% CPU 50% of the total memory and not respond at
all. So far the logs only show sporadic replication errors. One of the
stack traces (failed to replicate after 10 times) is about 500,000
lines long. We are using the _replicator database.

Anyone else running into this? Since 1.1 doesn't have the
try-until-infinity-and-beyond mode, we have a worker task that watches
the _replication_state and kicks the replicator as soon as it errors
out. Are there any settings in terms replicator memory usage, etc that
could help us?

Thanks!

K.
---