From CGS <cgsmcml...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB cookie from outside CouchDB
Date Thu, 29 Sep 2011 20:48:22 GMT
Thanks, Dale. I will follow this suggestion (also Benoit suggested the
same). I admit I didn't think of that before and both inputs are most
appreciated.

Port 80 is handled by YAWS (required by the other applications because
it's Erlang). In this moment I just need to update my YAWS version (I hope).

Thanks again to both of you for your support.

Cheers,
CGS

On 09/29/2011 10:11 PM, Dale Harvey wrote:
> how are you binding to port 80? if you have nginx / apache then you can have
> a reverse proxy, couch also has an in build reverse proxy built in, I would
> suggest going down that route before dealing with cross domain issues, there
> are a lot of them
>
> On 29 September 2011 17:45, Benoit Chesneau<bchesneau@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM, CGS<cgsmcmlxxv@gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> First of all, thank you Dale for your answer. Still, the problem is more
>>> complex than I anticipated.
>>>
>>> I am using YAWS as web server and it doesn't support proxy, so, I have to
>>> use two different ports for the two (CouchDB and YAWS). Methods I have
>>> tried:
>>> 1. $.ajax() - error: not allowed cross-domain data transfer via
>> JavaScript
>>> (both IP and port should match exactly for both origin and target), so,
>> even
>>> if correct authentication, no cookie.
>>> 2. form action pointing to