From Mikeal Rogers <mikeal.rog...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database synchronization protocol?
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2011 20:47:55 GMT
https://github.com/mikeal/replicate

On Sep 1, 2011, at September 1, 20117:00 AM, Benjamin Young wrote:

> Oh dear... ;) Not at all the same thing. :)
>
> I agree with Stuart that it'd be great to see the CouchDB replication "protocol" (HTTP
+ MVCC + _changes feed...mostly) codified into a specification that could be implemented anywhere.
There's working being done to prove that it can be with Mikeal's PouchDB project:
> https://github.com/mikeal/pouchdb
>
> Perhaps the first step looks like listing off the key pieces of the puzzle and things
that might be less obvious like needing consistent, though arbitrary, conflict "resolution"
(always selecting the same winner).

> Anyone know if there's a wiki page or blog post that would get this process started?
If not, anyone know enough about the feature to start one? :)

> Thanks,
> Benjamin
>
> On 9/1/11 9:07 AM, Roger Rohrbach wrote:
>> This isn't exactly what you're asking for, but behold: SyncML (http://www.openmobilealliance.org/tech/affiliates/syncml/syncmlindex.html).
>>
>> And weep.  :-(
>>

>> On Sep 1, 2011, at 3:09 AM, Stuart Rackham wrote:
>>
>>> In the same way that UnQL standardizes document database queries does anyone
know of any work being done on a standardized document database synchronization protocol?