From Sean Copenhaver <sean.copenha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: _show functions
Date Fri, 23 Sep 2011 02:54:21 GMT
1) To my knowledge you don't have any control over this... but I want to say there is a discussion
or some work being done to allow for more control over ETag generation. I had originally thought
a _show function's ETag was simply the document's (based on revision hash I think) but the
Wiki shows it's a bit more complex then that:

https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Formatting_with_Show_and_List#ETags

2) Not entirely sure what you are asking. To retrieve an attachment you just retrieve it off
the document. Something like http://server/db/docid/attachmentid

Are you trying to embed an attachment's data into the _show's results? I don't think that
is possible as you are only given access to the document requested which will only have the
attachment stubs.

--
Sean Copenhaver