From "Andrew Stuart (SuperCoders)" <andrew.stu...@supercoders.com.au>
Subject Re: UnQL
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 11:16:33 GMT
Off topic, but I think an official solution to full text search should
have been a higher priority than unql.

as

On 26/08/2011, at 5:21 PM, Mark Hahn wrote:

I'm kind of surprised that there has been no mention of UnQL on this
mailing
list, especially since the creator of couch was one of the two
"inventors".
Also UnQL adoption would obviously have a big impact on CouchDB.

I'll throw out my 2 bits, fwiw ...

I haven't got any good arguments yet, but I feel having a text-based
SQL-like language for couch would be a big step backwards.  I do feel
couch
needs to expand it's query capabilities, and I trust it will.  But I
would
imagine the solution to be more modern than the old process of
building up a
query text string and sending it off.  Maybe it is just an emotional
reaction after all the years of hating the impedance mismatch of the SQL
language and all the languages I had to use it in.
--
Message  protected by MailGuard: e-mail anti-virus, anti-spam and
content filtering.http://www.mailguard.com.au/mg