From Max Ogden <...@maxogden.com>
Subject Bulk update performance with validation functions
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 21:18:15 GMT
  I'm wondering if anyone has a solution for the huge bulk_docs performance
hit incurred when using javascript validate_doc_update functions ~100k docs
(2.6MB of json)    log_level info without validation: 0m2.663s
 log_level info and validation: 0m30.778s (yes, it went from 2 seconds to 30
seconds when I added a validation function)    validation function:
ddoc.validate_doc_update
= function (newDoc, oldDoc, userCtx) { if (newDoc._deleted === true &&
userCtx.roles.indexOf('_admin') === -1) { throw "Only admin can delete
documents on this database."; } }; is it possible to write these functions
in erlang? max