From gaoyong pan <pan.gaoy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: conflict determination not by fields
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 05:05:00 GMT
If so, let's suppose that we have an application address book, one UI
is web-based and another mobile native application, people may edit
his own address book either on web or device, I thought the
application may take the relax approach and don't worry about the DB
in-sync issue for this distributed application, when device is
connected through wifi, the db is sync'ed automatically, but actually
this is not true, the app has to handle the conflict in application
level.

Is there any such kind of DB make really app relax?

2011/8/29 Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com>:

> On Aug 28, 2011, at 9:02 PM, gaoyong pan wrote:
>
> I updated the same document in two previously replicated and identical
> DB, by updating two different fields, after replication, they are in
> conflicted status, I want to know if this is a bug of couchdb?
>
> No, that’s correct behavior. You made different changes to each instance of the document,
so now they are in conflict. CouchDB doesn’t try to merge individual fields in a document;
it leaves that up to you (because it often requires app-specific logic to do properly.)

--
Pan