From gaoyong pan <pan.gaoy...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: conflict determination not by fields
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 05:26:25 GMT
2011/8/30 Jens Alfke :

>merging together two conflicting versions of a document according to your application
schema.

> —Jens
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operational_transform
> [2] http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Understanding_Darcs/Patch_theory

"The multi-master replication system is responsible for propagating
the data modifications made by each member to the rest of the group,
and resolving any conflicts that might arise between concurrent
changes made by different members."

Above is copied from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-master_replication, couchdb is not
responsible to resolve the conflict, you may see many multiple masters
replication enabled DBMS support resolving the conflict and it is
configurable. For example, rubyrep has its prebuild conflict
resolution methods, such as,

* left / right wins; earlier / later change wins
* Custom conflict resolution specifiable via ruby code snippets

I don't learn how other master-master NoSQL replication works yet, but
above example tells me that with some configurable merging strategy
defined, conflicting auto-resolved is possible.