From Walter <phpwal...@torres.ws>
Subject CouchDB as a windows service.
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2011 04:16:42 GMT
I am trying to do this the hard way.

No installer, not registry keys, etc.

I pulled this:

couchdb-1.1.0+COUCHDB-1152_otp_R14B03_lean.7z<https://github.com/downloads/dch/couchdb/couchdb-1.1.0+COUCHDB-1152_otp_R14B03_lean.7z>
—
Use for repackaging CouchDB in other apps - no installer, just bare bones
binaries of Apache CouchDB 1.1.0 with ICU 4.4.2 and Erlang/OTP R14B03

I also pulled he installer, ran it, noted file locations and registry keys
(Yuck!) and then restored my system to the point before installation. This
removed all files from system, anything that might have been thrown in
WINDOWS directory and it cleaned the registry.

I than "installed" the files from the .7z file on my secondary volume, with
all my other linux tools and tried to make it work from there.

When I start the SERVICE I get this error

Error 1012: The configuration registry key could not be read.

Wonderful! (not) This needs a reg key.  :/

Is there anyway around this? If not, what is the minimal key set this needs
to run?

Also (if there is not a key workaround), is there anyone who can help
re-"make", from the source, a windows binary that does not need REG KEYS.

Thanks for your help.

Walter