From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB performance
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2011 05:05:17 GMT
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 9:48 PM, kowsik <kowsik@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is awesome. Didn't know about this setting. Is there a reason why
> we don't set nodelay to true by default?

On some TCP/IP stack implementations, or networks, the gains can be
much smaller or none. I remember trying several times in a Mac OS X 32
bits and not seeing much different, while on Linux I saw a very
significant difference.

 It seems that even the
> [continuous] _changes feed will do *much* better with this setting,
> notifying the listeners immediately without any buffering. True?
>
> One more Q: After changing this and if I invoke _restart, will the
> settings take into effect?

As soon as you change this setting via the REST API, subsequent
requests should benefit from nodelay=true.

> Thanks,

yw