From Manokaran K <m...@mindplough.com>
Subject Re: admin password not working
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 18:12:15 GMT
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 10:26 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> Sounds like a file permissions problem, with couchdb unable to modify the
> local.ini file. Make sure the account the server is running as has write
> access to the file. Or else, maybe it’s not reading that file? Double-check
> the paths.

I thin you are right! Now am able to log in to futon using the admin
password but the password is still in plain text in local.ini.

In my system, local.ini is owned by user 'couchdb' and group 'couchdb' and
the file mode is 660. I started the server (using start_couch) as user
couchdb as well as my own account and though am able to login to futon, the
password is still in plain text!

But the couchdb comand inside /usr/local/bin is owned by mano:staff (my own
account) and is symlinked to /usr/local/Cellar/couchdb/1.1.0/bin/couchdb
(which is also owned by mano:staff)

Does that help you get a clue on whats happening?

thanks,
mano