From Manokaran K <m...@mindplough.com>
Subject admin password not working
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:50:54 GMT
Hi,

I have just installed Couchdb 1.1.0 on OS X lion using homebrew. I followed
all the steps listed in the wiki (except changing the permissions of files
to 660 - threw a permission denied error). CouchDb is installed and its
running. But am not able to set up the admin users login password. I set up
one as explained in the local.ini file. But when I restart CouchDB, am not
able to login to futon using the admin password. Also, in the local.ini file
the password is still plain text and not hashed as would be expected!!

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
mano

-- Pablo Picasso