From John Cheng <johnlich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: The if-match header
Date Thu, 18 Aug 2011 22:08:55 GMT
Thanks! I've been doing a bit of testing with "Expect: 100-continue"
and passing revision id in the header. I was expecting that this would
allow CouchDB to detect conflicts without the client having to send
data. But I'm not seeing much of a difference. Does CouchDB wait for
the client to send the whole document before responding whether there
was a conflict or not?

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:
> That's core CouchDB.
>
> On 18 August 2011 21:46, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 18, 2011, at 1:41 PM, John Cheng wrote:
>>
>> Does anyone know if this is unique to couchbase?
>>
>> The If-Match: / If-None-Match: / ETag: headers, and the algorithm for rejecting conflicting
updates by comparing eTags, are fundamental parts of HTTP 1.1. And they’re used by a lot
of REST APIs, like the Atom Publishing Protocol, and by WebDAV.

--
---
John L Cheng