From John Cheng <johnlich...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: binaries for OSX ?
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 17:24:13 GMT
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 9:17 AM, Ryan Ramage <ryan.ramage@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Where can I find binaries for couchdb (and erlang) on OSX?
> >
> > The easiest thing is to download Couchbase Single Server, which is basically CouchDB
packaged up in a double-clickable Mac application.
> > http://info.couchbase.com/couchbaseCEdownload.html
> >
> > —Jens
> >

> fyi,
>
> Couchbase Single Server 1.0.x is based on Apache CouchDB 1.0.x
> Couchbase Single Server 1.1.x is based on Apache CouchDB 1.0.x

Interesting, the couchbase.org page says something different:
http://www.couchbase.org/get/couchbase-single/2.0

Wondering how Couchbase Single Server (formerly known as Couchbase
Server) releases map to Apache CouchDB release numbers?

Here’s a handy guide:

Couchbase Single Server 1.0.x is based on Apache CouchDB 1.0.x
Couchbase Single Server 1.1.x is based on Apache CouchDB 1.1.x
Couchbase 2.0.x is based on Apache CouchDB trunk plus Couchbase work
(some of which is not yet in CouchDB trunk)