From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gen_server timeout
Date Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:30:26 GMT
When this happens can you do a "ps ax | grep couchjs" on the machine
hosting CouchDB? It sounds like you've hit the process limit (which is
configurable). Hard to say if this is because you have lots of
concurrent clients holding couchjs processes or if we're leaking them
out of the pool somehow. If you can show that there aren't any clients
holding them (ie, from view updates or long list calls) then I'd be
super intrigued to see if you can narrow it down to a test case. I've
heard a couple anecdotes about leakage here but never with enough
detail to start looking for a root cause.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> I've put a log extract on Pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/PuJm08J0
>
> Sorry, I'm not familiar with erlang, so I'm not sure which bits are pertinent, and there
may well be more than one error trace in there.

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Martin
>
> On 11 Aug 2011, at 11:14, Martin Hewitt wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm getting the following error when trying to load some views:
>>
>> {"error":"timeout","reason":"{gen_server,call,[couch_query_servers,{get_proc,<<\"javascript\">>}]}"}
>>
>> Googling around, it seems this issue has been "fixed" way before I even started using
CouchDB. Any ideas what could be causing it now?