From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: gen_server timeout
Date Fri, 12 Aug 2011 14:47:38 GMT
Martin,

I'm pretty sure the patch on this [1] ticket would fix this for you.
It should apply cleanly to 1.1.x and trunk. I'm gonna try and find
someone to review this later but it should land in trunk fairly soon
if you build that.

Paul

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1246

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 5:25 AM, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> This, sadly, in my case, happens very rarely, but it is linked to a high load of view
rebuilds. I'll look into capturing the data you've asked for if I see it happening again,
and I'll also look into increasing the number of processes.

> Thanks for you help,
>
> Martin
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On 11 Aug 2011, at 18:30, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> When this happens can you do a "ps ax | grep couchjs" on the machine
>> hosting CouchDB? It sounds like you've hit the process limit (which is
>> configurable). Hard to say if this is because you have lots of
>> concurrent clients holding couchjs processes or if we're leaking them
>> out of the pool somehow. If you can show that there aren't any clients
>> holding them (ie, from view updates or long list calls) then I'd be
>> super intrigued to see if you can narrow it down to a test case. I've
>> heard a couple anecdotes about leakage here but never with enough
>> detail to start looking for a root cause.
>>
>> On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 5:26 AM, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>>> I've put a log extract on Pastebin here: http://pastebin.com/PuJm08J0
>>>
>>> Sorry, I'm not familiar with erlang, so I'm not sure which bits are pertinent,
and there may well be more than one error trace in there.

>>> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Martin

using CouchDB. Any ideas what could be causing it now?