From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: to CouchApp or not to CouchApp
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2011 11:29:58 GMT
On Tue, Aug 16, 2011 at 1:01 PM, Robert Newson <rnewson@apache.org> wrote:

> My revised proposal was to send text/html (and 302's) in all cases
> except for the very specific case where the Accept header is exactly
> one item and that item is 'application/json'. All programmatic calls
> can meet that (libraries incapable of this are de facto poor
> libraries), and the ambiguity is vanquished.

<myuserdevopinion>
should be application/json imo. We are a document oriented db speaking
in json first. If someone accept text/html where the only thing we
send on resource is json, we should send an error by default (maybe a
setting could override that).

We could also have specific rules for transformations handlers like
lists, shows & update and sedning error when someone ask text/html on
a zip attachment.
</myuserdevopinion>