From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: Help question
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:49:13 GMT
On 31 August 2011 23:30, Luis Carlos Junges <luis.junges@gmail.com> wrote:
> Robert,
>
> ok... i see. By the way i am using it on windows.
>
> i will try to remove those files..

In this case you may want to full uninstall & re-install. Depending on
which build you're using the versions of dependent DLLs changed;
CouchDB won't like having duplicates, as well as the .beams Bob noted.

from the wiki;
recommendation is to backup, uninstall, re-install, validate using
Futon test suite, restore data, rather than an in-place upgrade
this ensures you have a cruft-free experience while both CouchDB, the
windows build & its installer continues to change rapidly

Upgrading:
Most recent changes since 0.8 have required a full uninstall and
re-install to avoid mixing Erlang libraries from different versions.
Depending on changes in Erlang and CouchDB it may be that the on-disk
format or replication has also changed. You will need to decide how to
handle this on a case-by-case basis. The official CouchDB installer in
versions after 1.0.2 will not require a reboot during/after uninstall
& reinstall. This is due to killing off the stray epmd.exe process
prior to upgrade/installation.

A+
Dave