From Gert Cuykens <>
Subject Re: url rev=x overwrite document _rev:y
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 21:50:09 GMT
The app does not need to change the rev in the database, just the _rev
that is in the PUT or POST data which is about to get send too the
database. It already happens when adding attachments to couchdb
preventing conflicts. It is only logic it does this for normal updates
too when specified explicit in the url ignoring the _rev in the POST
or PUT data.

Now I need to parse the json files one by one to change the _rev
inside the documents that need to get send.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Mark Hahn <> wrote:
> The rev is used for replication.  If the app could change a rev,
> replication would break.
> On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 9:53 AM, Gert Cuykens <> wrote:
>> I believe that PUT http://localhost:5984/db/mydoc?rev=1-x -d
>> @newdoc.json should overwrite the _rev in the newdoc.json? Can you
>> point me too the discussion why this has not been done pleas.

View raw message