From Keith Gable <zi...@ignition-project.com>
Subject Re: couchdb sync with dropbox?
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2011 17:16:33 GMT
I doubt CouchDB will be able to do this without you coding anything to
sync on the server side. And it sounds like you want to use CouchDB on
the local devices and not have a central server. Have you considered
using Lawnchair and just replicating the client's JSON to Dropbox?

---
Keith Gable
A+ Certified Professional
Network+ Certified Professional
Web Developer

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Holger Protzek <h.protzek@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to use couchdb on a android and a ios application, to store alle data locally
in the database. So long no problem, but I would also like to sync these couchdb databases.

> As far as I know, this can be acomplished with a central couchdb server instance, but
I would like  to use for the syncronisation/replication a dropbox account.

> Is this possible? or only a bad idea :-)
>
> One solution in my mind, is to create for every document in the couchdb, a json file
in the dropbox, with uuid as filename. On programm start I check for new files in the dropbox.
So new or updated documents will be merged in the local database.

> For example the password manager 1password can use dropbox as a backend, for every entry
it creates a file in the dropbox and on startup it checks for new and updated entries in the
dropbox.