From Martin Hewitt <mar...@thenoi.se>
Subject Re: gen_server timeout
Date Sun, 14 Aug 2011 21:54:44 GMT
Hi Paul,

Thanks very much for this - it looks like it'll be a good fit.

I'll wait until it lands in trunk - we're planning a version upgrade anyway, so might as well
roll it all into that.

Thanks again,

Martin

On 12 Aug 2011, at 15:47, Paul Davis wrote:

> Martin,
>
> I'm pretty sure the patch on this [1] ticket would fix this for you.
> It should apply cleanly to 1.1.x and trunk. I'm gonna try and find
> someone to review this later but it should land in trunk fairly soon
> if you build that.
>
> Paul
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-1246
>
> On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 5:25 AM, Martin Hewitt <martin@thenoi.se> wrote:
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> This, sadly, in my case, happens very rarely, but it is linked to a high load of
view rebuilds. I'll look into capturing the data you've asked for if I see it happening again,
and I'll also look into increasing the number of processes.

>> Thanks for you help,
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On 11 Aug 2011, at 18:30, Paul Davis <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> When this happens can you do a "ps ax | grep couchjs" on the machine
>>> hosting CouchDB? It sounds like you've hit the process limit (which is
>>> configurable). Hard to say if this is because you have lots of
>>> concurrent clients holding couchjs processes or if we're leaking them
>>> out of the pool somehow. If you can show that there aren't any clients
>>> holding them (ie, from view updates or long list calls) then I'd be
>>> super intrigued to see if you can narrow it down to a test case. I've
>>> heard a couple anecdotes about leakage here but never with enough
>>> detail to start looking for a root cause.

and there may well be more than one error trace in there.

started using CouchDB. Any ideas what could be causing it now?