From Alexander Gabriel <a...@barbalex.ch>
Subject save all inputs automatically
Date Mon, 22 Aug 2011 18:57:09 GMT
Hi

My App (
http://barbalex.iriscouch.com/evab-ch_barbalex_evab/_design/evab/index.html,
still in development) has a "save" button on every page.
Seems to me though saving should happen without a user interaction.

I could create change events for every field and save the entire document
every time any field is changed. This may be an overkill that results in a
lot of data beeing transfered and many revisions of documents created. Could
be the best way to make sure no data is ever lost though.

I could also save the document when the page loses focus. I'm not an
experienced JavaScript and jQuery user but there must be an appropriate
event for that. Seems to me to be the best way to go.

Have any of you experts solved this problem before?

Thanks for advice!

Alex