From Robert Elliot <...@lidalia.org.uk>
Subject Multi node topology
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2011 13:32:01 GMT
Hi,

We are considering setting up a cluster with more than two nodes. There is a lot of documentation
regarding two nodes but we couldn't find an exact answer for let's say a cluster of 4 nodes.

Would you recommend a multi-master setup where all nodes receive writes?  This would be simpler
to setup and administer, and would also be the most fault tolerant (any combination of nodes
can be shutdown so long as one is still active).

If so, should we use only push replication?  Or only pull replication?  Or a combination of
both?

Assuming we are using pull replication within 4 nodes: A, B, C and D. Should we set up A to
pull changes from B, C and D, B to pull changes from A, C and D, C to pull changes from A,
B and D and D to pull changes from A, B and C? Is this the recommended approach?

Thanks for any guidance,

Rob