From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: admin password not working
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2011 16:56:08 GMT

On Aug 26, 2011, at 9:50 AM, Manokaran K wrote:

I have just installed Couchdb 1.1.0 on OS X lion using homebrew. I followed
all the steps listed in the wiki (except changing the permissions of files
to 660 - threw a permission denied error). CouchDb is installed and its
running. But am not able to set up the admin users login password. I set up
one as explained in the local.ini file. But when I restart CouchDB, am not
able to login to futon using the admin password. Also, in the local.ini file
the password is still plain text and not hashed as would be expected!!

Sounds like a file permissions problem, with couchdb unable to modify the local.ini file.
Make sure the account the server is running as has write access to the file. Or else, maybe
it’s not reading that file? Double-check the paths.

—Jens