From Gabor Ratky <rg...@rgabostyle.com>
Subject Re: get size of a document (with attachments) within a view function ...
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2011 11:38:31 GMT
 Hans,

the sizes (length) of the attachments are available under doc._attachments. So the size of
the first attachment is doc._attachments['name_of_attachment.txt'].length. You can iterate
over this object easily and sum up the sizes. You can also:

map: '''
emit(doc._id, JSON.stringify(doc).length)
for attachment_name in attachments
emit(doc._id, attachments[attachment_name].length)
'''

reduce: '_sum'

and let CouchDB reduce to the sum of sizes.

Gabor