From Markus Jelsma <markus.jel...@openindex.io>
Subject Documents not added if bind address != used host
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2011 19:25:39 GMT
Hi,

Back in using CouchDB and immediately hit my first bump. I've got a Debian
Squeeze CouchDB 0.11 up an running and all runs well. I can do the usual DB
and document CRUD via Futon. I've set the bind address in local.ini to the
host's public IP and can work with it remotely.

Here comes the trouble, when i use Curl in the localhost to add documents i
get the expected HTTP 201 and response body, newly generated UID and _rev ID.
However, the document is not present in Futon, nothing happens!

Here's my Curl call with localhost and the following response:

$ curl -X POST http://localhost:5984/test -H "Content-Type: application/json"
-d '{"field":"value"}'
{"ok":true,"id":"c260d8b4e5b80461a4150522173ba3dc","rev":"1-
fe46b1a37e32aa544edb754885c0864b"}

I refresh Futon's overview and still got 0 docs and size remains at 4.1kB.

Now the Curl call with the actual hostname:

$ curl -X POST http://<HOSTNAME>:5984/test -H "Content-Type: application/json"
-d '{"field":"value"}'
{"ok":true,"id":"b1616f158a415daf2fff6c2b819e3f29","rev":"1-
fe46b1a37e32aa544edb754885c0864b"}

Refresh Futon again and there's 1 document and total size is now 8.1kB, as
expected.

This was, of course, frustrating because the first call returns with a good
response. I've checked changelog between my 0.11 and the latest release but
didn't see an issue involving the bind address. I also couldn't find an open
Jira ticket that resembles this problem.

Any pointers? Did i overlook something? File an issue?

Thanks