From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: How to delete doc with empty string _id
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 13:18:33 GMT
On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:24 PM, sleepnova <wanpeebaw@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was updating my doc through update handler.
> Since the URL has _id in the end, I try to save bandwidth by not
> passing doc._id.
> I though it would automatically insert that for me, but I'm wrong.

Is there a JIRA ticket for this? I remember seeing this a year ago, an
update handler can create a document with id "" however nothing can
delete it.

I thought it was fixed for 1.0.2 or 1.1.0 however perhaps I am wrong.

The workaround is to set doc._id = req.uuid, which is a random UUID
couch creates for each HTTP query.

Deleting that document? I'm not sure off the top of my head. Still thinking.

--
Iris Couch