From Jason Smith <...@iriscouch.com>
Subject Re: continuous feed timeout issue
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 23:48:10 GMT
On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 6:05 AM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2011, at 3:58 PM, Chang Luo wrote:
>
> Thanks for your reply!  I just tried your command it hangs up in about 30 seconds.  This
seems to be a server side issue then.
> Do you mind trying against my server on your mac?
> curl -X GET "http://buddytv.iriscouch.com/_users/_changes?heartbeat=300000&feed=continuous"
>
> It hangs up in 30 seconds for me too. So does my own IrisCouch account. Weird. Perhaps
IrisCouch is limiting connections to 30s to reduce the number of open TCP sockets on their
servers?

> —Jens

Hi, Chang and Jens. I just confirmed this. It is as Jens describes
however I will increase the timeout to something more reasonable.

In the meantime, the workaround is to keep the heartbeat below 30000
which will not trigger the inactivity timeout.

P.S. What is more reasonable anyway? 1 hour?

--
Iris Couch