From Filipe David Manana <>
Subject Re: Patching MultiView to CouchDB 1.1
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 17:02:25 GMT
Yes, there's a view merging feature in Couchbase. While it's targeted
for the clustered version, it will be available in the next version of
the non-clustered version ("Single") and publicly documented.

It's actually generic enough and allows to merge local and remote
views (other servers). It also allows to do a merging in a recursive,
sort of hierarchical, manner. That is, you can merge views with the
result of other merges.

It also allows to merge _all_docs from several sources.

Unlike Norman's patch, it doesn't offer intersection however (and it's
not a goal to do it).

Volker is updating it for the GeoCouch world.

At this point it has a few implementation details specific to
Couchbase, most of it will go away early this week.
As soon as I become happy enough with the implementation, and it
becomes popular, I'll consider it for submission.

On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:36 AM, Paul Davis <> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 3:48 AM, Benoit Chesneau <> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Behrad Zari <> wrote:
>>> Howdy,
>>> We were using Norman's multiview patched into couchdb in production. Since Norman
has moved multiview to a forked version from couchdb trunk recently we were unable to use
multiview alongside Couchdb 1.1
>>> Anyone trying to do that!?
>>> Dear Norman, which erl files should be compiled and patched into a Couchdb compiled
from the main trunk?
>>> is there any compatibiliy issues across Couchdb versions? We want to have an
standlone multiview patch, to be installed into our compiled CouchDB from the main trunk!
>>> yours,
>>> --Behrad
>> In couchbase code I saw an interesting features allowing to merge
>> views. THat something I want to test this week-end, but filippe will
>> have fore sure more details about it.
>> - benoit
> That view merging commit is to merge multiple sharded views into a
> single view for clustered CouchDB.

Filipe David Manana,,