From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Run Local Button - Improving End User Experience
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 22:15:43 GMT

> I also think that the chrome extension could be improved upon to more
> generically be the kind of 'Download + run local' button that you are
> talking about

At a higher level, since this is kind of a new concept for end users, what
shall we brand this action? Google has introduced 'Takeout', maybe we could
hitch on that?
What would be the perfect text, on the button and maybe tooltip? eg:

Button:    Takeout
on hover: "Download and run this application on your own computer. Keep the
data and/or sync it with the online version."