From Paul Davis <paul.joseph.da...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Patching MultiView to CouchDB 1.1
Date Sun, 31 Jul 2011 15:36:42 GMT
On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 3:48 AM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Behrad Zari <behrad_zari@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Howdy,
>> We were using Norman's multiview patched into couchdb in production. Since Norman
has moved multiview to a forked version from couchdb trunk recently we were unable to use
multiview alongside Couchdb 1.1
>> Anyone trying to do that!?
>>
>> Dear Norman, which erl files should be compiled and patched into a Couchdb compiled
from the main trunk?
>> is there any compatibiliy issues across Couchdb versions? We want to have an standlone
multiview patch, to be installed into our compiled CouchDB from the main trunk!

>> yours,
>>
>> --Behrad
>
> In couchbase code I saw an interesting features allowing to merge
> views. THat something I want to test this week-end, but filippe will
> have fore sure more details about it.
>

> - benoit

That view merging commit is to merge multiple sharded views into a
single view for clustered CouchDB.