From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: global rewriter
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 16:45:28 GMT
On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 6:33 PM, Jonathan Geddes
<geddes.jonathan@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply,
>
> And secure_rewrites=false doesn't circumvent any of the other security
> mechanisms in couch, specifically user access to a database?

security here means that rewriting is sandboxed to one db. setting it
to false let others app to do the same.

> Also, (more of a couchapp philosophy question here) if I'm starting to use a
> second database, am I still writing a couchapp? Sure I'm using the couchapp
> tool, but doesn't this go against the philosophy of couchapps? Will I
> encounter scalability problems trying to force a complicated webapp into the
> couchapp model?

Depends who answer to that ;) For me a couchapp is related to one
dataset or db. But maybe there could be some meta couchapps. Futon
could be one.

- benoit