From Matthew John <tmatthewjohn1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: few doubts
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 06:41:34 GMT
Hi all!

Thanks a lot for your answers:

Take-aways for me:

1) The warm-up does happens in CouchDB too. And the time it takes solely
depends on the Hardware. But what I wanted to know is when the data is
present in the disk and the Server gets restarted, how does CouchDB perform
when compared to MySql in performing the Warm-up (lets define Warm-up as
filling the memory with Disk data in a judicial manner).

Please throw some light on this.

2) Regarding MR (view), I understand its flexibility is similar to that of
any Sql system since the view could be compared to a MySql index.

Please let me know if my understanding is not great :) :).

Thanks for the quick replies. Great to be part of a very active user-group
:) :).

Thanks,
Matthew