From Matthew John <tmatthewjohn1...@gmail.com>
Subject few doubts
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 03:11:48 GMT
Hi all,

I am a newbie at CouchDB. I had a few queries back in my mind and thought I
would shoot them here:

1) I am familiar with MySql systems. In one of the applications I ve made,
whenever the server gets restarted I used to perform a warm up (similar to
Select * from *) inorder to populate the cache. And this used to take almost
like half an hour. How does it happen in CuuchDB and how long might it take
for the "warm up"

2) I understand that all the MR queries (views) to be used in the system has
to be coded in the Design document. Does that mean a super-set of all
possible queries which we might use in the System has to be coded in the
Design doc? Can this be added on the fly (dynamic )

Thanks,
Matthew John