From kowsik <kow...@gmail.com>
Subject Bug with Date.parse
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 21:24:35 GMT
Tracking down an issue with our production couch's and wanted to run
this by you guys. We have views that look like this:

emit(Date.parse(doc.updated_at), null);

where the updated_at is generated using CouchRest (Time.now.to_json).
I was seeing nulls show up as the keys and digging a little deeper
tracked it down to this:

Date.parse("2011-07-05 14:03:24 -0700") returns NaN with
Firefox/Spidermonkey and Safari while Chrome/v8 is fine.

[ digging deeper ]

Okay, found out. Turns out we recently upgraded CouchRest to 1.1 which
no longer monkey patches Time.now resulting in hyphens in the
yyyy-mm-dd as opposed to slashes in the older version. FF and Safari
don't likey the hyphens and return Nan which messes up the views.

Just a heads up,

K.
---
http://blitz.io