From "Mark J. Reed" <markjr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: json date representations
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2011 15:15:28 GMT
It's all about the use case, right?   In a couchdb app, your map functions
can convert readily among formats, but it probably makes sense to use the
form that requires the least work from your most commonly-used views.

When using JSON as a serialization format, something that constructs an
actual JavaScript Date object would often be preferable to something that
requires extra code to process the objects later.  But something like "new
Date(1310000000000)" loses the benefit of JSON being human-readable.  The
multiple-argument constructor forms, as in "new
Date(Date.UTC(2011,6,7,0,53,20))", would be a nice compromise were it not
for the use of 0-based month numbers (that's July, not June).

--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed@gmail.com>