From Jens Alfke <j...@couchbase.com>
Subject Re: Is it OK to interpret the generation count in a revision ID?
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 23:11:33 GMT

On Jul 12, 2011, at 2:54 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

In this particular case, I'm not sure if we even document that the
revs=true option exists, as I can't think of where it would be used
outside the replicator so even the format of this response might be
subject to change.

No, it’s well documented both in the CouchDB wiki and in Couchbase’s API docs:

http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/HTTP_Document_API#GET
http://www.couchbase.org/sites/default/files/uploads/all/documentation/couchbase-api-dbdoc.html#couchbase-api-dbdoc_db-doc_get-revs

So is the ‘extended revision history’, ?revs_info=true.

Not sure why the revision history would be viewed as internal, as it’s pretty important
for conflict resolution.

—Jens