From Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com>
Subject Re: few doubts
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 18:10:48 GMT

On Jul 3, 2011, at 11:41 PM, Matthew John wrote:

> how does CouchDB perform
> when compared to MySql in performing the Warm-up (lets define Warm-up as
> filling the memory with Disk data in a judicial manner).

No idea. But really, you could perform something very similar by doing something like
	cat /path/to/my_database.couch > /dev/null
since that would have the same effect of loading the file contents into the VM cache. So it’s
not really that specific to CouchDB itself.

How large is your data-set? How many rows, and what’s the disk space occupied by the MySQL
tables?

—Jens