From Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com>
Subject Re: _changes feed continuous mode hangs up after 90 seconds
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 17:28:16 GMT

On Jun 23, 2011, at 7:16 AM, Gabriel Farrell wrote:

> I've added a small bit of clarifying text to that page for the "heartbeat" parameter.

I think you mean the sentence "Overrides any timeout to keep the feed alive indefinitely.”?
This still seems confusing, as both heartbeat and timeout are specified as having default
values. So if not given, a heartbeat of 60sec is assumed; which would mean that the feed would
be kept alive. It sounds like the truth is that there isn’t any default value for heartbeat.

The statement about the continuous feed still seems wrong: "A continuous feed stays open and
connected to the database until explicitly closed”. This is only true if a heartbeat is
specified in the URL; otherwise it only stays open 60 seconds.

—Jens