From Christian Carter <>
Subject Re: Badarg error in HTTP request for List Function
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 03:32:16 GMT
On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Dave Cottlehuber <> wrote:

> On 30 June 2011 05:06, Christian Carter <> wrote:
> > Hey Everyone,
> >
> > I'm getting a very weird error when running one of my list functions,
> > leading me to believe the query server is crashing, but I don't know for
> > sure.  Log and function located at  The
> database
> > can be cloned from, as well.  The crash
> > consistently happens after those 6 keys get logged, and well, I'm
> stumped.
> >  Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Christian Carter
> >
> Hi Christian,
> If you set debug mode on (and turn admin party off) you can see your
> couchdb logs remotely like this:
> curl
> It looks like your MR is written in coffeescript? As far as I can see,
> CouchDB isn't aware of this yet at least on iriscouch; if it was I'd
> expect to see a coffee test suite (missing) and config query servers
> updated (missing) based on this patch from janl
> A+
> Dave

I'm running the app locally, with CouchBase 2.0 (which supports
coffeescript).  I just threw it on Iris if anyone wanted to try and clone it
to debug.

I was able to find a dumb bug in my _list function (was doing && instead of
|| to see if the player was the same or different), and now it is managing
to generate the entire list (and rendering it) before outputting the
Badarg/list to binary error.  Here are the relevant logs (log_level: debug)

Though it is no longer a show (or list) stopper, it's still a weird error
that I'd like to know what's wrong with. And why it was an error the first
time around!

Christian Carter