From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: A prepackaging for Linux ?
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:11:05 GMT
On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 07:33, Hong-Thai Nguyen
<Hong-Thai.Nguyen@polyspot.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Synergy with Windows (https://github.com/dch/couchdb/downloads), could
> we have a CouchDB prepackaging ?

For simplicity of the build system and keeping the burden on the
release manager low, it's unlikely that such packaging would be part
of the release process. If community members want to provide them
after the release I think it _might_ be appropriate for the project to
link to them. However, many distributions are already packaging and
signing CouchDB releases through their official distribution channels.

Couchbase provides RHEL rpms and Debian debs for Couchbase Community
Edition for free. Couchbase CE is, to my knowledge, constructed from
vanilla CouchDB sources with some additional features such as the
GeoCouch geospatial indexer. You can find these here:
http://www.couchbase.com/downloads

-Randall