From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB embedded in Eclipse - current status?
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 10:07:29 GMT
On Friday, June 10, 2011, Marcel Bruch <bruch@cs.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

> [...]
for Eclipse that packages the latest CouchDB w/ Erlang runtime for MacOSX  + code that starts
CouchDB from within Eclipse.

>>> I spent few minutes on this today. Starting/stoping an instance of CouchDB from
within Eclipse works. Configuration parameters like "database_dir" "util_driver_dir" etc.,
however, still point to the build folder. This needs some adjustments, for example by rewriting
the configuration file on startup.

>>> How can we continue?
>>> 1. To use CouchDB from Eclipse support for most popular os is needed. This should
include win32/64, linux32/64, and mac32/64.

>>> 2. The configuration issues need to be solved.
>>
>> Again using rcouch templates you can build customs couch with the
>> config you need, and distribute it as a binary. Maybe it could help?
>>
>> https://github.com/refuge/rcouch_template
>

> Will have a look at this.
>
>>> 3. To use CouchDB at Eclipse the code of CouchDB and Erlang must pass an IP check.
Especially for Erlang this may take some time.

>> Not sure why ? You can get last uri used by couch by getting it in
>> couch.uri file and let ip an dport be set automatically by the system
>> (0.0.0.0:0)
>
> sorry, this term is overloaded. With "IP" i meant "Intellectual Property" check.

oh! ok...

>>> While the latter is more my problem than yours, how about the former two? Is
it realistic to get builds for other os from CouchDB community?

>>> The (minimalistic) Eclipse/Java code to start/stop CouchDB is round about 20
lines and will grow to a few hundred lines I think to deal with configuration rewrites etc.