From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: couchdb modify the json object
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 19:50:38 GMT
On 2 June 2011 00:56, Sujan Dutta <sujandutta@live.in> wrote:

> I am new to couchdb and i have a problem now
>
> well i have a date field which i am putting it as
>
> "createddate":"\\/Date(-684302343434)\\/"
>
> but it is storing in doc as
>
> "createddate":"/Date(-684302343434)/"
>
> how do i could solve this problem ?

Hi Sujan,

You are not escaping correctly. Also the date format seems unusual.

I think you wanted to have the final JSON like this:

{
    "createddate":  "Date(-684302343434)"
}

In which case, use -d '{"createddate":"Date(-684302343434)"}' instead.
the single quotes should be enough here, and escaping " needs to be
done \" not "\ or \\

It helps if you provide "what I did, what I expected, what I got" here.

Where does your date format come from? If you store a valid
javascript/JSON formatted date you can ask CouchDB to sort/filter on
this. Check out http://guide.couchdb.org/draft/views.html

Cheers
Dave