From "Luis M. Gonzalez" <luis...@gmail.com>
Subject How to get the value of a reduce function?
Date Sun, 26 Jun 2011 01:14:42 GMT
I'm sorry if this is a stupid question,  I'm new to couchdb and although I
tried, I couldn't find the way to do this simple task.
I have created aview which computes the sum of all ages of a family members
(this is just for learning purpose, not very useful at all):

The view's url is this:
http://neuruss.iriscouch.com/_utils/database.html?family/_design/ages/_view/ages
The json result of this view is this one (as seen in "raw view"):

    {"rows":[
    {"key":null,"value":558}
    ]}

So, for displaying the value on my attachment (index.html), I use this
jquery snippet:

   $.getJSON("http://neuruss.iriscouch.com/family/_design/ages/_view/ages",
function(json){
   				$(".description").text(json.rows[0].value);

    });

But it doesn't work...

I suppose the result is a json object, so why can't I see the result?

I tried parsing it with "JSON.parse.." but it didn't work. I also
tried showing the whole json result, not just its value, but didn't
work either.

Any hint?

Thanks in advance...

Luis