From Ryan Ramage <ryan.ram...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB embedded in Eclipse - current status?
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2011 15:57:15 GMT
Marcel,

I have some java code that manages a local install of couchdb. Here
are some places you might want to look:

http://code.google.com/p/eckoit/source/browse/trunk/eckoit-tray/src/main/java/com/googlecode/eckoit/util/CouchLocator.java
http://code.google.com/p/eckoit/source/browse/trunk/eckoit-tray/src/main/java/com/googlecode/eckoit/tray/CouchDBProcessManager.java

I can't see any way of 'embedding' into eclipse other than by an
external process. I have it bundled with my desktop application and I
manage the start/stop when the application starts/stops. You will need
to manage different couch binaries as well for each os.

Hope that helps.

Ryan

On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 9:30 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 3 Jun 2011, at 14:10, Marcel Bruch wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm currently evaluating whether we could use couchdb as embedded DB for one of your
projects. So far we use couchdb on server side but would like to synchronize some data with
various Eclipse clients .

https://github.com/pittypanda/com.pittypanda.plugins.couch#readme

>> The latter seems to require some working servers already installed, and the former
makes me believe that no solution is available yet. Is this right?

>> I'm experienced with Eclipse, but unfortunately not experienced enough to know how
to install/run Erlang runtimes in Eclipse :(

> I don't know much about the state of the above nor eclipse, but running CouchDB in "embedded
mode" is just like calling like any other third party command-line tool. What other specific
requirements does Eclipse have?